Firstly: props to Stuart Pryke for his work on recall grids. I’ve totally nicked his great idea.
Click here to access a grid with images, letters, colours and symbols that link to four GCSE texts: Macbeth, AQA Power and Conflict Poetry, An Inspector Calls and Jekyll and Hyde. Here’s how it could be used:
- Pick a grid reference
- Ask students to name a relevant text
- Discuss the significance of the letter (or image etc.)
- Retrieve a quotation.
- Grid reference D8 – the letter V
- Relevant texts: Macbeth (valiant) or Jekyll and Hyde (villainous)
- Macbeth valiantly defeats the two rebel forces at the start of the play; Hyde’s violent acts are villainous
- ‘unseam’d him from the nave to the chaps’ and ‘ape-like fury’.
You can access retrieval grids on the individual texts by clicking here.
Should be easy to edit. Thanks once again to Stuart –
Further reading and resources >>
You can opt-out of receiving emails at any time.