Click here to access a folder of tutor time reading slides.
- The reading material is taken from topical news stories totalling roughly 150 words
- Tutors read aloud to their tutees or nominate students to do so
- Unfamiliar words (and references) are identified and defined in the note section
- There are two tasks for students to engage with: a true-or-false quiz and a wider question for discussion
Navigating the Resource
- The text is be displayed on a single slide to keep things simple
- A hyperlink to the full article is included on the first word of the text in case you want to access it
- There are always four ‘true’ statements in the eight that are provided
- The true statements are displayed at the top of the notes section
- Unfamiliar words and references are listed and defined in the middle
- The discussion question is displayed at the end
You can find further tutor time reading resources here.
Please like or share this post on social media 👍 or email to your colleagues ✉ this helps pay for the running of the site by reaching new teachers. Thank you!
Join over 2500+ teachers and sign-up to the newsletter here 💌
Search all of Doug’s resources here: