Click here to access a brief overview of some of the key Biblical allusions in the AQA Power and Conflict poems. I’ve listed them below.
- London – ‘And blights with plagues the marriage hearse’
- Charge of the Light Brigade – ‘Into the valley of Death / Rode the six hundred’
- Charge of the Light Brigade – ‘Into the jaws of Death / Into the mouth of Hell’
- Exposure – ‘For love of God seems dying’
- Poppies – ‘I resisted the impulse / to run my fingers through the gelled / blackthorns of your hair’
- War Photographer – ‘as though this were a church and he / a priest preparing to intone a Mass’
- War Photographer – ‘All flesh is grass’
- Tissue – ‘the kind you find in well-used books, the back of the Koran’
You might want to get rid of the images so everything fits onto a single page. If this is the case, the document should be easy to edit.
Further reading and resources >>
You can opt-out of receiving emails at any time.